MESSAGE FROM THE TECHNICAL PROGRAM CHAIR
An exciting technical program awaits you in WCNC 2005 at New Orleans from March 13 to 17! As in previous years, we have assembled a comprehensive technical program comprising tutorials on state-of-the-art technologies and systems, technical sessions reporting on advances in physical, network and application layer technologies, and business and application panels covering many aspects of wireless communications, systems and applications. Specifically, we have:
108 technical sessions organized in three different tracks of Phy/MAC, Networks, and Applications & Services. Over 400 papers out of more than 1000 submitted will be presented during these sessions. This year, we have also included a small number of invited papers some of which will be presented in some of the technical sessions and six of these invited papers will be presented as an invited session.
The very comprehensive technical program has been put together through the dedicated efforts of my colleagues in the Technical Program Committee. In particular:
- 6 full-day and 6-half day tutorials covering a range of current topics of interest will be presented by leaders in these fields.
- An executive panel and 8 Technology/Business Applications panels will be organized to discuss various topics of current interest.
- A keynote address by the General Chair and 2 plenary talks by distinguished researchers in the Phy/MAC and Networks areas will be organized.
Finally, I would also like to acknowledge the assistance of Debora and other ComSoc staff for helping in many ways to smooth out kinks, and the many volunteer reviewers in the community who helped to ensure that the technical papers accepted for presentation are of the highest quality. I look forward to meeting you in New Orleans.
- The 3 TPC Vice Chairs in charged of the Phy/MAC, Networks, and Applications & Services tracks and the many TPC members who handled the reviews of the papers have been primarily responsible for putting together the excellent technical sessions.
- The tutorials and panels are the results of the efforts of the TPC Vice Chairs in charged of Tutorials and Technology/Business Applications Panels, respectively.
- The Publications Chair made sure that the final manuscripts of accepted papers were submitted on time for the publication of the conference proceedings.
Back to the Conference Program Page